As required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Governor of Arizona has established a State Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) for Infants and Toddlers made up of family members, providers, state agency representatives and other community members.
The ICC advises and assists the Department of Economic Security, Arizona Early Intervention Program (DES/AzEIP), and its partner agencies to administer, promote, coordinate and improve early intervention for families and professionals. The purpose of the ICC is to advise and assist the Department of Economic Security (DES), as lead agency for early intervention in Arizona in the following areas:
- The development and implementation of early intervention policies.
- The full participation, coordination and cooperation of all appropriate public agencies in early intervention.
- Seeking information about any federal, state or local policies that facilitate and/or impede timely service delivery and taking steps to ensure that any policy, rule or statute problems are resolved.
The ICC may establish committees to assist in accomplishing its duties and responsibilities. An ICC member shall chair committees. Membership on committees, other than the Executive Committee, is open to interested people who are not members of the ICC. Interested individuals shall apply for membership on a committee. The Executive Committee shall review committee applications and determine committee membership. To the extent possible, the membership of the committee shall represent the ethnic and geographic characteristics of the state’s population. The ICC shall review the purpose, progress and membership of each committee annually to ensure that the committees align with the ICC and the Part C program’s strategic priorities and goals. Committees may change based on the needs of the current ICC board, needs of the Lead agency and community.
The ICC and committees of the ICC may also establish short-term ad hoc committees or work groups to accomplish specific tasks. Ad hoc committee membership shall be appointed by the appropriate chairperson (Council or committee) and is open to interested individuals, whether or not they are members of the Council. All committee meetings must be announced and open to the public consistent with the requirements of the open meeting law
To Apply for the ICC
ICC members are appointed by the Governor. The application and information about the application process are available at: http://www.azgovernor.gov/bc/. On this website, you can search for vacancies on various Boards and Commissions. The ICC is listed as "Infants and Toddlers, Interagency Coordinating Council for.”
The ICC and its Committees are open to the public.
In accordance with Open Meeting Law, a quorum of members must be present for the ICC Meeting to take place as scheduled. View Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) Members.
- Meeting schedules may change. Please contact the DES/AzEIP office at (602) 532-9960 to confirm date, location, and time.
- Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting AzEIP at 602-532-9960. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
To the Public:
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, the Arizona Early Intervention Program and the Interagency Collaborating Council hereby states that all meeting notices of this public body and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted electronically on this website location listed below under Public Meetings and Notices. Physical copies of the public meeting notices will be posted at the following location:
Arizona Department of Economic Security
1789 W. Jefferson
First Floor, SE Lobby Area
Phoenix, AZ 85007
This office is open to the public Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00 pm, except legal holidays and state mandated furlough days. All meeting notices and agendas will be posted in these locations at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meetings.
ICC Meeting Schedule
Approved dates for 2019 ICC Committee Meetings
- January 18, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am
- April 19, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am
- August 16, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am
- November 15, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am
Approved dates for the 2019 ICC Council Meetings
- January 18, 2019, 11:30am-2:00pm
- April 19, 2019, 11:30am-2:00pm
- August 16, 2019.11:30am-2:00pm
- November 15, 2019, 11:30am-2:00pm
Approved dates for the ICC Executive Committee Meetings
- April 12, 2019, 10:30am-12:00pm
- June 14, 2019, 10:30am-12:00pm
- August 9, 2019,10:30am-12:00pm
- October 11, 2019, 10:30am-12:00pm
Location of ICC meetings:
Posted Meeting Notices will have the current location of all ICC meetings, Executive Meetings and subcommittee meetings.