As required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Governor of Arizona has established a State Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) for Infants and Toddlers made up of family members, providers, state agency representatives and other community members.
The ICC advises and assists the Department of Economic Security, Arizona Early Intervention Program (DES/AzEIP), and its partner agencies to administer, promote, coordinate and improve early intervention for families and professionals. The purpose of the ICC is to advise and assist the Department of Economic Security (DES), as lead agency for early intervention in Arizona in the following areas:
- The development and implementation of early intervention policies.
- The full participation, coordination and cooperation of all appropriate public agencies in early intervention.
- Seeking information about any federal, state or local policies that facilitate and/or impede timely service delivery and taking steps to ensure that any policy, rule or statute problems are resolved.
The ICC has three standing committees: Executive, Collaboration & Education, and Structure & Flow. The ICC Chair appoints ICC and community members to each ICC Committee. You may be a member of the Collaboration & Education or Structure & Flow Committees, without being an ICC member. ICC members are expected to participate on one of the ICC’s three standing Committees, or an ad-hoc committee.
- The Collaboration & Education Committee supports to the ICC and DES/AzEIP in developing and evaluating strategies to (a) gather information from families about their early intervention experience and what improvements could be made, (b) inform families, early intervention professionals and communities about the purpose of early intervention, early intervention requirements and effective early intervention practices, (c) recruit and retain early intervention professionals, and (d) other activities identified by the ICC and/or this Committee.
- The Structure & Flow Committee supports to the ICC and DES/AzEIP in developing and evaluating strategies to (a) ensure early intervention compliance and performance improvement, (b) collect and interpret data, (c) expand partnerships to ensure that families with children with disabilities know about and have access to early intervention services, and (d) other activities identified by the ICC and/or this Committee.
To Apply for the ICC:
ICC members are appointed by the Governor. The application and information about the application process are available at: http://www.azgovernor.gov/bc/. On this website, you can search for vacancies on various Boards and Commissions. The ICC is listed as "Infants and Toddlers, Interagency Coordinating Council for.”
The ICC and its Committees are open to the public.
In accordance with Open Meeting Law, a quorum of members must be present for the ICC Meeting to take place as scheduled. View Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC) Members.
- Meeting schedules may change. Please contact the DES/AzEIP office at (602) 532-9960 to confirm date, location, and time.
- Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting AzEIP at 602-532-9960. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
To the Public:
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, the Arizona Early Intervention Program and the Interagency Collaborating Council hereby states that all meeting notices of this public body and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted electronically on this website location listed below under Public Meetings and Notices. Physical copies of the public meeting notices will be posted at the following location:
Arizona Department of Economic Security
1789 W. Jefferson
First Floor, SE Lobby Area
Phoenix, AZ 85007
This office is open to the public Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00 pm, except legal holidays and state mandated furlough days. All meeting notices and agendas will be posted in these locations at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meetings.
ICC Meetings are held Quarterly on the 3rd Friday
January, April, August and November
Location of ICC meetings:
Arizona Department of Education
3300 N. Central Ave., 16th Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85012