How to Start a New UI Application
If you recently lost your job through no fault of your own, you may qualify to receive Unemployment Insurance Benefits payments.
Information Needed to Apply
Be prepared with the following information before to file your initial claim:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your mailing address, county of residence
- Your Driver License or state-issued ID number
- Employment history:
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all employers for the last 18 months, including the correct mailing address and telephone number for the most recent employer
- The last day worked immediately prior to filing the UI claim
- Amount (before deductions) and date of any payment for severance, vacation, holiday or unused sick pay
- The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable
- Copy # 4 of DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months
- Start date and monthly benefit amount of any pension (other than Social Security)
- If you are participating in the Address Confidentiality Program (ACP), you must list your own phone number when filing an Unemployment Insurance claim so DES can contact you directly. Please do not use the ACP phone number.
DES is analyzing changing state and federal guidance and updating its eligibility requirements accordingly. These requirements may continue to change as the government response to COVID-19 evolves.
Applicants are also automatically registered with Arizona’s largest jobs database, Arizona Job Connection (www.AZJobConnection.gov). By completing their registration, job seekers can create a digital resume, search for jobs, and get matched with hiring employers.