What Is ID.me?
ID.me is a trusted technology partner of DES helping to keep your personal information safe. ID.me, a federally certified identity verification service, specializes in digital identity protection to help us make sure you are you -- and not someone pretending to be you -- before we continue processing your PUA claim.
ID.me online services are available 24 hours a day, and can be accessed on a computer, tablet or smartphone. You will need to have your driver’s license or state-issued identification and your Social Security number available to complete the ID verification.
What If I Cannot Verify My Identity Through ID.me?
You must verify your identity in order to continue filing weekly certifications. If you cannot verify your identity with ID.me, you must follow the instructions provided in the PUA portal. The Department strongly recommends you use the ID.me service to verify your identity.
Why Do I Have to Verify My Identity in Order to Receive PUA Benefits?
The Department has partnered with ID.me to protect taxpayer dollars from criminals and ensure Arizonans in need can access benefits in a timely manner. By implementing this requirement, DES can separate eligible claimants from fraudulent claimants. This will speed up the processing of legitimate claims and ensure eligible individuals receive timely payments.
How Do I Verify My Identity Using ID.me?
For the initial PUA application, complete the ID.me verification process by clicking “File a PUA Claim” on the pua.azdes.gov website, and then using the following steps to verify through ID.me when prompted:
- Step 1- Sign in/Create Account
- Step 2 - Secure your account by entering your phone number
- Step 3 - Verify your identity using one of the options provided
- Answer questions about your credit history
- Upload photos of your license or state ID
- Upload a photo of your passport, or
- Upload photos of your passport card
- AND answer the customized questions in the ID.me system
- Step 4 - Authorize ID.me to send verification information to DES
When filing a weekly certification on continued claims, complete the ID.me verification process using the following steps:
- Step 1 - Click on “File Your Weekly Certification to Continue Your Claim”
- Step 2 - Once clicked, it will take you to the Identity Verification page in the PUA portal, which will provide you additional information about using the ID.me service
- Step 3 - Click on the blue link to begin the process
- Follow the same steps under the initial application section above for completing the ID.me process
- Once you have been verified, you will receive a pop-up alert that says, “Your Identity was verified. Please press ‘OK’ to continue.” Click the ‘OK’ button.
- You will now be able to proceed with filing your weekly certification as you would have in weeks past
What to Do If I Need Help with ID.me?
If you are having technical issues completing your ID.me verification, visit http://help.id.me/. Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How Do I Know If I Have Successfully Verified My Identity on ID.me?
If you have successfully verified your identity using ID.me, you will see the message, “Congratulations you have completed your identity verification” in the ID.me application, and DES will be notified that your identity was confirmed. If you were not able to successfully verify your identity, you will see a notification stating that you could not be verified, prompting you to attempt again using the other verification options that ID.me has available. The last option to verify your identity through ID.me is through a live recorded video call with ID.me "Trusted Referee.” For questions about ID.me, please visit ID.me’s help page at https://help.id.me/.
Will I Have to Keep Verifying My Identity Through ID.me?
No. If you have already successfully verified your identity with ID.me, you will not need to re-verify your identity to continue filing for PUA benefits in future weeks.