To be eligible for Cash Assistance (CA) or Two-Parent Employment Program (TPEP) benefits, you (unless you are applying only for children) must sign the Personal Responsibility Agreement (PRA). By signing the PRA, you agree that household members will:
- Prepare for and accept a job;
- Make sure all children ages 6 through 15 attend school;
- Keep the children's immunizations up to date;
- Not voluntarily quit a job without good cause;
- Not illegally sell, possess or use a controlled substance;
- Cooperate with the rules of Cash Assistance, the Jobs Administration, and Child Care Administration; and
- Cooperate with the DES Child Support Services, when applicable.
If you have GOOD CAUSE for not cooperating with the Personal Responsibility Agreement requirements, notify your eligibility interviewer.
When the PRA is required, your benefits will be denied if you refuse to sign it. When you are approved and you do not cooperate with the conditions of the PRA, the household will be penalized as follows:
- First time: 50 percent reduction of the family's Cash Assistance benefits
- Second and all subsequent times after reapplication: Cash Assistance benefits are stopped
- For TPEP, payments are withheld for one pay cycle until you cooperate. When three benefit cycles are withheld, the TPEP case is closed.
Pascua Yaqui and Hopi Tribal TANF budgetary units have different sanction requirements. Contact the local office for additional information.