Unemployment Insurance (UI) information is confidential and protected by both federal and state legislation regarding confidentiality. Requests from claimants and employers for release of UI information will be granted under the following conditions:
- The requesting claimant or employer must document that it has some basis in the law which requires that the information be obtained, or that it has some other legitimate reason for making the request.
- Releasing the information to the requesting claimant or employer must not in any way be contrary to any applicable state or federal law or regulation and must not cause any detriment to the UI Program, its employees or its clients.
- Requests sent to the Custodian of Records must be accompanied by a release signed by the appropriate claimant or employer before information is released.
- Requests must include a cashier’s check or money order made payable to Department of Economic Security for $2.00, or amount to be determined (see below).
Any requesting entity which submits an average of five or more requests for benefits (claimant) or tax (employer) information per month for any three consecutive months must apply for a data-sharing agreement. If applicable under Arizona Administrative Code R6-3-1403.A or Section 303(i)(1)(A) of the Social Security Act, requests sent to either the Custodian of Benefits Records or the Custodian of Tax Records must be accompanied by a release signed by the appropriate claimant or employer before information is disclosed.
Costs for information disclosed by either the UI Benefits or UI Tax Custodian of Records (delivered by mail, in person, or by FAX):
Hard Copies (paper)
- $1.00 for the first page
- $0.25 for each additional page
- $10.00 per CD/DVD (if the documents already exist in an electronic format)
- $10.00 per CD/DVD plus the actual cost of converting the document to an electronic format (if the documents do not already exist in an electronic format)
- Actual cost of postage through a vendor and method determined by requestor
- $2.00 per page to transmit documents via FAX
The per-inquiry fees include costs to review each request, the time spent to produce the response, and equipment usage. Unless otherwise specified in a data-sharing agreement, a self-addressed stamped envelope or other delivery payment must accompany each request. All fees as outlined above must also be remitted with every request.
- $ .10 per page plus staff time and postage
- Other Fees/Charges: Actual cost
Per Arizona Revised Statutes Section 12-351, reimbursement for subpoenas includes the cost of document reproduction, plus clerical costs incurred in locating and making the document(s) available, billed at the rate of $.10 per page and $10.00 per hour per person.
UI Benefits Custodian of Records
P.O. Box 6123
Mail Drop 5897
Phoenix, Arizona 85005-6123
Fax Number:(602) 771-8365
UI Tax Custodian of Records
P.O. Box 6028
Mail Drop 5881
Phoenix, AZ 85005-6028
Fax Number: (602) 532-5536