SIDES and E-Response are used ONLY for receiving and responding to Notice to Employer (UB-110) forms regarding separation information for former employees. Visit our Internet Response Module for Employers (IRME) section for information on how to receive and respond to Wage/Earnings Audit Notices (WANs) online.
The UI State Information Data Exchange System (UI SIDES) and SIDES E-Response (previously called SIDES Employer Web site, or SEW) are optional, free, electronic services. They enable employers and third-party administrators to securely receive and respond to unemployment insurance (UI) benefit claim notices/information requests from state UI agencies electronically rather than by U.S. Postal Service mail. To determine which of these two services would be best for your business, view or download the SIDES and SIDES E-Response Comparison Table.
UI SIDES and SIDES E-Response offer employers the option of a secure, electronic, and nationally standardized format to:
- better anticipate and supply the data needed to respond to UI information requests from the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES)
- reduce follow-up phone calls from DES
- streamline the UI response processes
Both systems offer many benefits that will help your company simplify and streamline responses to UI information requests:
- Free of charge. They are offered to employers free of charge.
- Reduce administrative costs. They reduce the volume of time-consuming follow-up phone calls, unnecessary appeals, postage costs, paperwork, and expenditure of staff resources.
- Secure. Multiple layers of security protect the sensitive data exchanged between employers and DES.
- Ensure accurate information exchanges. They ensure that complete information is provided through standard edits, validations, and business rules.
- Save time. They are electronic, eliminating delays related to paper mail delivery, reducing paper handling, and ensuring information requests are fully completed.
- Minimize UI rates. They help employers keep UI rates as low as possible by providing accurate, complete, and timely information to DES.
- Reduce overpayments. They help prevent two of the largest causes of UI overpayments: incorrect initial eligibility determinations on job separation issues and claimants working while receiving UI benefits. By ensuring that employers and DES exchange timely, complete, and accurate information, they reduce UI overpayments and their negative impact on employers’ bottom lines.
To participate in the SIDES E-Response web site system, complete the online registration process. Once your registration is approved, notification of all future Notice to Employer (UB-110) forms that are issued to you will be emailed to the address you provided on your registration form. A Personal Identification Number (PIN) and a URL for accessing the E-Response web site, which will allow you to complete and respond to the UB-110 forms electronically, will be provided in each of these email notifications. Any UB-110 forms you have already received via paper form, must be responded to via paper form. They will not be accessible within the SIDES E-Response system. If you change your email address or decide that you do not want to participate in E-Response after signing up for the service, contact the Employer Registration Unit. A SIDES Email Notification will be emailed to you when there are UB-110 notices for you to view and respond to if warranted.
For additional information on the UISIDES computer-to-computer interface system, including how to sign up for it, view or download the UI SIDES Introductory Guide Section 4 of the Guide explains how to participate and provides related contact information.
For additional information, please visit UI State Information Data Exchange (SIDES)
- If you need assistance logging into the SIDES E-Response System please contact the Helpdesk at (602) 542-2460 or send an email to the [email protected].
- If you need assistance navigating the SIDES E-Response System, or with edits/errors, please contact the Client Advocate (602) 542-5954 (select option 3) or email them at [email protected].