The Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council (DDAC) is an advisory council to the Assistant Director of the Division of Developmental Disabilities on a wide variety of matters relating to the Division. Council members are appointed by the Arizona Governor to three year terms. Membership is comprised of seventeen individuals from a cross-section of the community including parents of a person with a developmental disabilitiy, service providers, members serviced by the Division of Developmental Disabilities, and other community stakeholders.
The mission of the DDAC is to provide, in partnership with the Division of Developmental Disabilities, advisory oversight on behalf of consumers, families, and providers.
Council members review and make recommendations to the Division regarding:
- Coordinating and integrating services provided by state agencies and providers that have contracted with state agencies to provide developmental disability programs.
- The health, safety, welfare, and legal rights of persons with developmental disabilities.
- The Division's plan for service delivery and improvement.
- Establishing and reviewing division policies and programs.
- The cost-effecetiveness of division services.
- Assessing the Division's annual needs.
- Selecting the Assistant Director of the Division.
- Monitoring the Division's annual budget.
- The sale of lease of the real property and improvements on the real property formerly used by the Department of Economic Security for the Arizona training program in Phoenix.
Read more about the Council and its members.
Have an interest in government and a desire to make a difference? Complete your online application to be considered for appointment to the DDAC.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting Linda Page at 602-542-8420 or by email at [email protected]. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
To the Public: Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02, the DD Advisory Council hereby states that all meeting notices of this public body and any of its committees and subcommittees will be posted electronically on this website location listed below under the title Public Meeting Notices and Agendas. All meeting notices and agendas will be posted at this location at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meetings. Electronic meeting notices of this public body will also be posted on the Department of Economic Security's calendar.