The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is seeking volunteers to serve on the Program Review Committee (PRC). Volunteers will review Behavior Treatment Plans and provide guidance on strategies addressing behaviors that interfere with DDD members’ ability to lead self-directed, healthy and meaningful lives. Volunteers participating on this committee help others reach their full potential.
Individuals who meet any of the following categories are encouraged to apply:
- Persons qualified in the use of behavior management techniques, such as a Psychologist, Psychiatrist, or a Board Certified Behavior\ Analyst
- Parent/Guardian of an individual with a developmental disability
- Habilitation services professionals
- Individuals with a developmental disability
- A person with no ownership in a facility and who is not involved with directly providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Please visit the DES Volunteer Engagement Center if you are interested in participating on a Program Review Committee.
- Review, make recommendations, and approve the use of Behavior Treatment Plans that include:
- Techniques that require the use of force.
- Programs involving the use of response cost
- Programs that may infringe upon the individual’s rights
- The use of behavior modifying medications
- Protective devices used to prevent injury from self-injurious behavior
Time commitment varies, based upon need and volunteer availability to support each of the five districts. All meetings are held virtually. PRC sessions are held Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, not all volunteers need to participate or attend every meeting. It is recommended that volunteers attend at least one session per month.
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
Mandatory Training (will be provided by DDD)
- Article IX (Arizona’s required training for service providers on the rights of people with disabilities) (will be provided if applicant has yet to complete this training)
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Knowledge of Behavior Treatment Plans (BTPs)
- Knowledge of Positive Behavior Support
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health Supports
Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, all scheduled sessions will be held virtually/telephonically through Google Meet. Volunteers can attend in-person meetings at the following locations after the public health emergency is lifted.
- District Central:4000 North Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012
- District East: 120 W. 1st Ave., Mesa, AZ 85210
- District West: 11526 W. Bell Rd., Surprise, AZ 85378
- District North: 1701 N. Fourth Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- District North: 3274 Bob Drive, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
- District South: 6740 Tucson Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85756
- District South: 1185 S. Redondo Center Drive, Yuma, AZ 85365
- District South: 2981 E. Tacoma Street, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635