Effective November 1, 2017, APS will no longer accept fax, mail, or walk-in reports of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of vulnerable adults. APS will continue to accept phone reports Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and state holidays 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (1-877-SOS-ADULT/1-877-767-2385). Online reports are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.azdes.gov/reportadultabuse.
You can report abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Arizona’s vulnerable or incapacitated adults seven days a week via two methods:
- Our statewide toll-free telephone reporting line is available:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. / Saturday - Sunday and state holidays 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Our ONLINE REPORT is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
|You may also contact Department of Health Services for assistance regarding issues with licensed or unlicensed facilities: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (602) 364-2536.
|ALL REPORTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
When making a report to APS, the reporter will be asked questions about:
- The vulnerable adult (potential victim) and any identifying information
- How is the adult vulnerable? (What physical or mental impairment prevents the victim from protecting themselves?)
- Description and date of incident regarding the suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation and/or self-neglect
- Witnesses to the suspected maltreatment
- The alleged perpetrator and any identifying information
- Significant others and/or caregivers
- Any safety concerns for an APS investigator when visiting the home (i.e. aggressive animals, weapons, diseases, etc.)
- Reporting source's name, address and telephone number