ARIZONA @ WORK knows that searching for a new job can be a challenging endeavor. How long will it take? Will you find something you love? Will the company choose you? Get a leg up on your competition with these 5 tips for improving your job search.
- Register on AJC: Arizona Job seekers can access thousands of local job openings on Arizona’s largest jobs database, the Arizona Job Connection (AJC). The system allows users to build an online resume and get matched with employers based on their interests and skills. Learn more about using Arizona Job Connection here.
- Soft Skills: These days, employers want to know that potential employees not only have the knowledge and ability to do the job, but also the soft skills needed to thrive. More than ever, employers value soft skills including communication, the ability to work well with others and accept critique, and more. Read more about the soft skills employers seek and learn how you can improve your chances of landing the job by strengthening your own.
- Look the Part: A good first impression is crucial when seeking a new career. Dressing professionally shows employers you care and helps you stand out from other applicants. Learn more about Why Dressing Professionally Matters.
- Digital Clean-Up: Employers take advantage of the wealth of information that is now available to them on the internet about potential candidates, so it’s important that your online presence is up to par. Learn What Your Online Presence Says About You and how to make sure it matches the impression you want to give.
- Let ARIZONA @ WORK Help: With 47 offices throughout the state, ARIZONA @ WORK offers no-cost employment services to support new and seasoned workers on their journey. Stop into a local office for no-cost employment readiness workshops, one-on-one career guidance, job search and resume assistance, and much more. Learn more by visiting, www.ARIZONAatWORK.com.
By Jillian Seamans