Did you know that December is one of the best times of the year to look for a new job? Many employers do a significant amount of recruitment during the holiday season to have a full team ready for the new year. If you’re seeking a new career for 2019, ARIZONA @ WORK can help you prepare for the job and connect you with employers hiring throughout the state.
Workforce Readiness Training
Let an ARIZONA @ WORK workforce specialist help you prepare to meet with employers by updating your resume, setting your workforce goals, brushing up on your interview skills and more. Below are some of the workforce readiness workshops ARIZONA @ WORK is offering this month:
- How to Write a Winning Resume Workshop - Learn how to write a specific, accomplishment-based resume. Gain insights on different resume formats, tips for utilizing online resume resources, learn how to create a cover letter and list references.
9:00 am – 11:00 am, December 12, 18, 19 (Locations vary. Visit www.arizonaatwork.com/events for more information)
- Interview Skills for Success – Prepare to answer interview questions (common, behavioral, and STAR), and learn how to follow-up with the interviewer effectively.
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm, December 11 (Locations vary. See www.arizonaatwork.com/events for more information)
- Roadmap to Success Workshop – Prepare for employment by identifying your skills and interests, preparing your resume, assessing current labor market information, job searching and learning how to effectively communicate in the workplace.
9:00 am – 12:00 pm, December 10 and 24 (318 N. Florence St., Casa Grande, AZ 85122)
- Self-Employment Workshop – Test and refine your business ideas, understand your customer base, obtain licensing and much more.
Call (520) 724-7700 for available dates and to reserve your spot.
Hiring Events and Job Fairs
ARIZONA @ WORK hiring events are a great way to connect with local employers in your community. Job Fairs are an excellent opportunity to network with a variety of hiring employers and learn about fields that pique your interest. Here are some of the hiring events and job fairs happening this month:
- Tuesday, December 11th, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Trinity Food Services is recruiting Food Service Supervisors for employment within the Eloy and Florence prisons. (318 N. Florence Street, Casa Grande, AZ 85122)
- Tuesday, December 11th, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Amphi School District is hiring transportation dispatchers, food service attendants, crossing guards, custodians, and more. (2801 E. Ajo Way, Tucson AZ 85713)
- Wednesday, December 12th 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
GetixHealth is looking for eligibility specialists, hospital screeners, healthcare billers, and provider enrollment specialists to work in the hospital and call center in Phoenix. (9801 N. 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85020)
- Wednesday, December 12th 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
#AZHireMe Job Fair will feature hiring employers from Rio Salado College, BBVA Compass, Canyon State Electrical and more. Register at AZhireme.com to see a complete list of employers and positions. (102 W. Southern Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85041)
- Thursday, December 13th 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Intermountain Staffing is hiring warehouse shipping and receiving staff, assembly workers, forklift operators and more. (2801 E. Ajo Way, Tucson AZ)
ARIZONA @ WORK workforce specialists are available to assist you in preparing for the workforce, whether you’re unemployed or want to advance in your current career. You can visit any ARIZONA @ WORK office for no-cost workforce readiness services including resume, interview and job search assistance, and more. Utilize our resource rooms to search for jobs on the Arizona Job Connection website. Create your online resume and search thousands of job openings throughout the state. For more information, please visit www.ARIZONAatWORK.com.
By Jillian Seamans