Child Support Awareness Month Art Contest
To celebrate Child Support Awareness Month in August, DCSS hosted an art contest around the theme, What does family look like to you? Out of the 38 submissions, 9 were chosen to receive a backpack full of school supplies. Take a look at the winners of the art contest!
DCSS 2021 - Reimagining Child Support, Not Just Rebuilding
In March 2020, the Division of Child Support Services evaluated the service delivery of the program as a result of the overall impacts of the pandemic. Returning stronger for child support means updating the program with short-term and long-term changes so that our processes are more effective for the clients we serve.
In an email campaign to DCSS clients, we shared our short term and long-term improvement plans, as seen below, which will continue to evolve as changes are informed by parents, our child support workforce, and child support industry innovations that emerge in response to the pandemic. If you are not receiving communication from DCSS, please ensure to update your contact information in the child support portal to stay up to date on child support updates and case-specific information and requests.
Summary of One-Year Improvement Plans:
- Receive recurring input from clients
- Expand virtual services
- Update business processes that have been most disrupted by the pandemic, and continue to look at the processes that have the greatest impact on our services to our clients.
- Review of parent communication to make sure it is easy to understand, electronic (where possible), and consistent.
- We are creating visual resources that explain and simplify the child support process, timelines and options for parent education and resources.
Summary of Three-Year Improvement Plans
- A redesign of Arizona's Tracking and Location Automated System (ATLAS) that will simplify and streamline the business processes that support your child support services.
- Parent communication, education and resources will all be updated to align with modernized processes, systems, and documents.
DCSS Virtual Offices
We are here to serve you! For the continued safety of you, our team and the community, DCSS offices will remain virtual. We are continuing to expand our capabilities to address your child support needs through virtual services. Now more than ever, it is crucial to keep your contact information up-to-date as we continue to communicate program and case updates via email, phone and text. Together, we can work to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Please view the ways in which you can do child support services virtually:
- Paying child support:
- You can send all child support documents (that don’t need to be notarized) electronically to [email protected] or through mail at P.O. Box 40458, Phoenix, AZ 85067
- Document drop-off: You can visit a DCSS office and drop off documents in a secure drop-box.
- General Questions:
- You can submit questions directly through the AZ Child Support Portal.
- You can contact a DCSS Customer Service Representative Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. at 1-800-882-4151.