“How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.” ~ William Shakespeare
The Volunteer Engagement Center strives to engage Arizonans through volunteerism to support the mission of the Department of Economic Security (DES) in helping others reach their potential through temporary assistance for those in need, and care for the vulnerable. If it’s your wish to partner with those who hold a true and common desire to make a positive and lasting impact on the lives of others, then joining our team of volunteers may be just what you’re looking for.
We offer great volunteer opportunities throughout the state, including but not limited to:
- Program Review Committee Members
- DES Ambassador
- Clerical and Administrative Assistants
- Client Advocates
- Must be honest on the Volunteer Application and complete all areas applicable to you.
- Hold and provide a copy of a valid State-issued Identification or Driver’s License.
- Must successfully pass the background clearance process.
- At time of application must be at least 18 years of age; however, those from 13 to 17 years of age will be considered for certain positions with written parental consent.
- A Fingerprint Clearance Card will be required for opportunities where the volunteer works directly with vulnerable adults or children, or for the Information Technology Department. For clarification, contact the Volunteer Engagement Center.
Information Needed to Apply
It is recommended that you have the following information on hand before you begin the Volunteer Application:
- Driver’s License Number and Expiration Date or State Identification Number
- Contact information for two References (name, address and phone number)
- Contact information for two Emergency Contacts (name, address and phone number)
- Any documents you wish to attach to the Application, i.e., Resume, Driver’s License or State ID, Fingerprint Clearance Card, Letters of Reference, Photo (jpg) for Volunteer Badge, etc.
Apply to Become a Volunteer
Review our Open Volunteer Opportunities, and select an opportunity that interests you; or continue to the Volunteer Application page to complete and submit your paperwork.
For questions regarding the application process or to inquire about our opportunities, please contact:
Volunteer Engagement Center
Phone: (602) 542-1991
Email: [email protected]