The nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity provisions of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Section 188, prohibit discrimination against applicants, beneficiaries and employees on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, religion, and political affiliation or belief, as well as against beneficiaries on the basis of citizenship and participation in WIOA. Section 188 of WIOA also requires that states develop, implement and maintain, for each of their programs, a document titled the Nondiscrimination Plan.
The Nondiscrimination Plan describes the actions the state takes to ensure its WIOA Title I-financially assisted programs, activities, and program operators are complying with the Equal Opportunity and nondiscrimination requirements of WIOA and its implementing regulations.
The Nondiscrimination Plan is organized into nine sections titled Elements:
- Element One: Designation of State and Local Level Equal Opportunity Officers;
- Element Two: Notice and Communication;
- Element Three: Review Assurances, Job Training Plans, Contracts, Policies and Procedures;
- Element Four: Affirmative Outreach;
- Element Five: Compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended and 20 CFR Part 38;
- Element Six: Data and Information Collection and Maintenance;
- Element Seven: Monitoring Recipients for Compliance;
- Element Eight: Complaint Processing Procedures; and
- Element Nine: Corrective Actions/Sanctions.
2019-2020 State of Arizona's Non-Discrimination Plan
State-Level WIOA Equal Opportunity Officer
Office of Equal Opportunity
P.O. Box 6123
Mail Drop 51H3
Phoenix, Arizona 85005-6123
Phone: (602) 364-3976
Email: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program -auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.