The Rehabilitation Services Administration Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program is offering Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) to students with disabilities statewide.
What are Pre-ETS?
- Pre-ETS are specific career exploration and job readiness services that help students with disabilities prepare for future employment. Pre-ETS are provided via workshops that are short in duration and related to the following topic areas:
- Job Exploration Counseling;
- Work-Based Learning;
- Counseling on Post-Secondary and Training Opportunities;
- Work Readiness Training; and
- Instruction in Self-Advocacy
- For additional explanation of Pre-ETS and possible workshop topics that may be offered, please read the Pre-ETS Overview.
Who can receive Pre-ETS?
- ‘Students with disabilities’ can receive Pre-ETS. Here in Arizona, a ‘student with a disability’ is an individual who is between 14-22 years of age, participating in an educational program (e.g. public, private or charter schools, home school, vocational programs, college, GED programs, etc.), and has a documented disability (this includes students who qualify for a 504 plan or who have an Individualized Education Plan or IEP). It is important to note that these students do not have to apply for VR services or be clients of the VR program.
How do I request Pre-ETS?
- Review the Pre-ETS Contractor Directory for information on Pre-ETS providers.
- Complete the Pre-ETS Request Form in full and submit it to the [email protected] mailbox. Please note that additional documentation may be required when submitting the Pre-ETS Request Form. Examples include:
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan;
- Medical or psychological documentation with diagnosis by a licensed professional;
- Proof of acceptance/enrollment into a post-secondary educational program; and
- Proof of legal guardianship if the student has a legal guardian
If you have any questions regarding Pre-ETS, please email [email protected].