The Arizona Business Enterprise Program provides employment opportunities for individuals who are legally blind to own merchandising businesses, including vending and food service operations.
You may be eligible to become a BEP operator if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a client of the Vocational Rehabilitation program
- You are legally blind
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are a US Citizen
- You can pass a criminal background and credit check
- You have a GED or High School Diploma and can pass competency exams for:
- 10th grade level math and English
- AT and IL proficiency
- Able to use Word, Excel, Email, and Accounting software
- You participate in job shadowing, meetings, and pass a BEP screening interview
- You complete an intensive 6-month unpaid training program
- Contact your VR Counselor if you are interested in becoming a BEP trainee and operator.
- If you are interested in vending or food service operations at a facility, or have comments or concerns about a BEP site, please contact the BEP main office.
Existing BEP operators seeking forms, policy documents, or other resources, should refer to the BEP Operator Information section below.