The Arizona Business Enterprise Program provides employment opportunities for legally blind individuals to own merchandising businesses, which include vending and food service operations.
You may be eligible to become a BEP operator if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a client of the Vocational Rehabilitation program
- You are legally blind
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are a US Citizen
- You are able to pass a criminal background and credit check
- You have a GED or High School Diploma and are able to pass competency exams for:
- 10th grade level math and English
- AT and IL proficiency
- Able to use Word, Excel, Email, and Accounting software
- You participate in job shadowing, meetings, and pass a BEP screening interview
- You complete an intensive 6 month unpaid training program
- If you are interested in becoming a BEP trainee and operator, contact your VR Counselor and inquire about the BEP program.
- If you are interested in vending or food service operations at a facility, or have comments or concerns about a BEP site, please contact the BEP main office.
Existing BEP operators who are looking for forms, policy documents, or other resources, should refer to BEP Operator Information section.