When the Division denies or terminates eligibility, or takes an adverse action regarding a program or service provided through the Division that is not funded by Medicaid, a Notice of Intended Action (NOIA) will be sent to the appropriate individual.
If you receive a letter denying your eligibility for DDD and would like to file a request for an Administrative Review of the decision, you must do so within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the Notice of Intended Action (NOIA) letter.
A request for an Administrative Review is the first step in the Administrative Review process.
The request for an Administrative Review may be filed either orally or in writing with DDD’s Office of Administrative Review:
Arizona Department of Economic Security
Division of Developmental Disabilities
Office of Administrative Review
3443 N Central Ave, 9th Floor, Suite 916
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
(602) 771-8163 or 1 (855) 888-3106
DDD’s Office of Administrative Review will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the request for an Administrative Review in writing within five (5) calendar days.
- Assist you with the completion of forms and other procedural steps upon request.
- Ensure that you are included as a party to the Administrative Review process.
- Respond to the Administrative Review with a written administrative decision within thirty (30) days from the date the administrative review was filed.
- Present information to DDD in person or in writing at any time during the Administrative Review process.
- At any time during the process, review records and other documents considered before and during the Administrative Review process, as long as the documents are not protected from disclosure by law.
If the individual does not agree with the Administrative Decision, the individual may file an Appeal of the Administrative Decision.