The Independent Living Blind (ILB) program helps clients who are blind or visually impaired achieve their goals for independent living. For more information on Independent Living Blind services and eligibility criteria, please contact our Independent Living Blind Program Team.
ILB services may include
- Home Management - Food preparation, sweing, home maintenance, etc.
- Personal Management - Financial planning, medication management, diabetic adaptive techniques, etc.
- Communications - Braille, keyboarding techniques, handwriting guides, talking books, etc.
- Adaptive equipment (watches, clocks, etc)
- Low Vision - Use of magnifiers and other low vision devices
Orientation & Mobility
- The Orientation & Mobility Specialist instructs in sighted guide, long cane travel, bus travel, support cane skills and low vision aids.
Orientation & Adjustment to Blindness
- Provides an introduction to blindness
- Provides available resources for blindness in Arizona
- Provides assistance in adjustment to blindness