Service Coordination services are the only early intervention services explicitly identified in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act with specific responsibilities.
Service Coordinators coordinate:
- across agency lines, serving as a single point of contact
- required evaluations and assessments
- access to treatment/services, making referrals, scheduling appointments
- services identified on the IFSP in a timely manner
- funding sources to pay for early intervention services
- the development of transition plans
Service coordinators Help:
- families of children with a disability gain access to early intervention services
- infants and families access treatment and supports from qualified providers
- with follow up services
- parents understand their rights and the procedural safeguards
- develop, review and evaluate the IFSP.
Below are Job Aids to assist Service Coordinators with this important work: