For applications submitted after October 1, 2021 the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) may be able to approve your Nutrition Assistance (NA) or Cash Assistance benefits without conducting an interview if all mandatory factors are verified for your household.
DES uses all resources available to verify the required information. You can help your application be processed faster by providing the following verifications with your application:
- Proof of identity such as a driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, or state-issued identification.
- The following verification if it applies to your household:
- Proof of earned income received this month and last month for all applicants who are working.
- Proof of self-employment income. Provide all the income from the past 12 months unless your business has been operating for less than 12 months. If you have self-employment expenses, provide at least one receipt.
- Proof of unearned income received this month and last month such as social security, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation, gifts, loans, child support, or Veterans Administration benefits.
- For applicants who are not U.S. Citizens: Proof of Lawful Permanent Residency such as your alien registration card.
Certain expenses are allowable for NA. Providing proof of expenses is not mandatory, but it may help you receive more benefits. If you want to receive the deduction, proof of the following is required if it applies to your household.
- Rent or mortgage obligation.
- Utility expenses such as electricity, garbage, gas, telephone, coal, or water.
- Childcare cost when you have someone else care for your child while you go to work. Provide a statement if you take your child to or from the provider’s location.
- Legal obligation and payment of court ordered child support.
- Proof of all medical expenses for those applying for benefits who are age 60 or older or receive disability benefits when the total amount for the household is more than $35.00.
- Proof of legal obligation and payments of court ordered child support paid this month and last month.