For all emergency vulnerable adult maltreatment reports, call 1-877-SOS-ADULT (1-877-767-2385)
For life-threatening emergencies, call 911 immediately
Please review this page before accessing the online form link at the bottom of this page. Many fields on the form are mandatory and will not allow you to file a report unless completed.
|Why report online?
- Our online reporting form is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The Central Intake Unit (CIU) is available via telephone Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and state holidays 10:00 a.m.to 6:00 p.m.
- There are no hold times when filing online!
|What should I expect?
- Be sure you have answered all the questions as thoroughly as possible. Providing detailed and descriptive information about the situation you are reporting helps the Central Intake Unit to more accurately assess the need for an investigation. Be sure to include your email address and phone number for follow-up contact.
- Once received, any report meeting investigative criteria (abuse, neglect and exploitation of a vulnerable adult) will be forwarded to the local field office for investigation within eight  business hours.
- Information will be reviewed to determine the initial contact response time which will be one , two , or five  business days.
- If your report is not sent to a local office for investigation, the information you provided did not meet the criteria for an APS investigation according to Arizona Revised Statutes. A record of your concern will be documented in the APS database system.
|Can I file a report anonymously?
- Although an anonymous on-line report may be submitted, if additional information is needed by the CIU Specialist in order to make a determination that the information supplied has met the criteria for a report, the CIU Specialist will be unable to contact an anonymous reporter.
- Trained CIU Specialists are able to take anonymous reports via the telephone during business hours at 1(877) SOS-ADULT.
|More online report basics:
- APS and its authority (2.3 MB PDF)
- To ensure the information you report is confidential, we have designed our web site so the information cannot be saved on your computer. You may print your report just prior to submitting it.
- ONLY the trained professionals at the Central Intake Unit can assess the information you submit via the Internet. They are the same CIU Specialists you are accustomed to speaking with on the phone.
- This web site's security is sufficient to permit HIPAA-covered entities to file reports of adult abuse, neglect or exploitation, as mandated by state law. The session between the reporter and the server is encrypted, using Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL). The transmission is secure. The data flow is one way, from the reporter to the server. The reporter sees only a blank form. The reporter, cannot access any data submitted, including his/her own.
APS is aware that some individuals are receiving error messages upon their submission of an APS on-line report. The error message appears to be a system issue. Please note that the on-line report has been received by APS and that APS is working to resolve the issue.
Access the APS online Abuse / Neglect / Exploitation Form
Do not wait for APS to respond if this is a true emergency situation. Call 911 immediately!
If you close this window prior to submitting the form, your information will be lost and you will have to start over.
To submit a report anonymously, please call the Central Intake Unit at (877) 767-2385 during normal business hours.
*= Required Field