Do you enjoy working with people, like helping others, and/or want to learn new skills?
Use your unique skills, talents, and areas of interest to help DES make Arizona stronger!
DES offers great volunteer opportunities such as:
- Clerical Assistants
- Bilingual Aides
- Client Advocates
- Administrative Assistants
As a DES volunteer, you will experience the satisfaction of being part of a team that is dedicated to helping the community.
No formal degree is required.
To volunteer at DES, you only have to meet the following simple requirements:
- Volunteer must have a valid State Issued Identification or Driver License
- Must be able to pass background check
- Have permission from a parent if you are 13 to 17 years of age
Information Needed to Apply
We recommend you have the following information at hand before completing the online volunteer application:
- Education information (High School/College Name, Year of Graduation, Area of Study/Major)
- Driver License number or State Identification number
- Two References (Names, address and phone numbers)
- Two Emergency Contacts (Names, address and phone numbers)
Apply to Become a Volunteer
Follow these steps to apply:
- View Open Volunteer Opportunities to see which one(s) you prefer.
- Complete the Volunteer Application online or by contacting us:
Volunteer Engagement Center
Office of Community Engagement
1789 W. Jefferson St., Mail Code 1181
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Fax: (602) 542-5339
Email: [email protected]
After You Apply
Once we receive your application, the following will occur:
- For applicant 18 and older, we will contact you within 24-72 business hours to initiate a background check; you will be required to complete a Certification of Criminal Offense form.
- We will contact you to schedule an interview. If it is still available, we will make an effort to assign you to your preferred volunteer opportunity, as indicated in your application.
- You will receive appropriate training and clearance once the manager/supervisor of that volunteer opportunity.