The Council reviews and makes recommendations to the Division of Developmental Disabilities regarding:
- Coordinating and integrating services provided by state agencies and providers that have contracted with state agencies to provide supports to people with developmental disabilities;
- The health, safety, welfare and legal rights of persons with developmental disabilities;
- Implementing the state plan;
- Establishing and reviewing Division policies and programs;
- Annual rate setting methodology;
- Assessing the Division's annual needs;
- Selecting the Assistant Director of the Division; and
- Monitoring the Division's annual budget.
The Council also oversees and approves expenditures of monies from the Client Services Trust Fund, which was established after the sale of the former Arizona Training Program at Phoenix.