This guide is specific to the following designated roles in Quick Connect:
- Licensing Agency Supervisor
- OLCR Supervisor
The first step in this initial process is to assess whethera person or Social Security Number already exists in Quick Connect. Once it has been determined during the orientation or preliminary interview to proceed with the application, the designated agency supervisor role can 'create a case or profile in Quick Connect.
Creating a case enables the following roles:
- Gives the applicant / family the ability to fill in the required information within the electronic application
- Print out the following documents so they can forward it to their designated agency worker:
- Applicant / Family signature page
- Criminal Self Disclosure form
- physician statement
- View and print out their foster care license once it has been approved by the Licensing Authority, OLCR.
- Gives them the ability to assess the status and its results of the life safety inspection that was requested by the agency worker.
- Gives them the ability to assess what the status of the application once it has been submitted by the agency to OLCR.
- Gives the assigned agency licensing worker the ability to complete the home study while the family completes the application.
- Ability to print out required documents to be signed by the family.
- View and print out the approved license once it has been approved by the Licensing Authority, OLCR.
- Agency licensing worker have the ability to request the Life Safety Inspection and review its results. If the outcome of the inspections determines any deficiencies, the agency worker can input follow up dates and its results in assuring that the home is now in compliance per foster care rule.
- Agency licensing worker have the ability to request the CPS / APS background check and review its results prior to submitting the application to OLCR.
Agency Licensing Supervisor is the only role that has permission rights to create a case. Agency Admin and Agency Licensing Specialist have no access / permission rights.
The following is a step by step process on how a designated Agency Supervisor can create a case.
- Step 1: Log on to the Family Home Licensing web site(Quick Connect)
- Step 2: Determine if they have been involved with foster care in Arizona
- Step 3: Supervisor verifies if the person(s) currently exist in Quick Connect
- Step 4: Create the Case
- Step 5: Applicant Agreement
Log on to the the Family Home Licensing web site (Quick Connect)
The first step is to determine via your 1:1 orientation with the applicant(s) whether they have been involved in some type of capacity with foster care within the State of Arizona not limited to the following:
- previously licensed foster care provider in the State of Arizona
- currently licensed as a foster care provider in the State of Arizona.
- involved and listed as a household member (child, relative, etc..) and resided in an active licensed home or closed licensed home within the State of Arizona.
Once you have gathered the above information the Designated Agency Supervisor can verify if the person(s) currently exist in Quick Connect by conducting the following:
- Log on utilizing – choosing the 'Search People' menu. Click on it.
It will forward you on the main ADMIN screen and it’s sub menus via a drop down.
- Choose 'Search People'.
A general search criteria screen via the following input fields appears: Social Security Number or Name. Choose either category to search to verify whether an the Social Security Number or Name already exist in Quick Connect. This area ensures in preventing the system to duplicate an existing profile of that person via name or Social Security Number in Quick Connect.
- Results will one of the following:
- Social Security Number or Name exist: If so, following information will be provided to you.
Choosing Select will provide you the following prompt:
- If person does not exist in Quick Connect via Name or Social Security Number search: Results will be
If person or Social Security Number does not exist, this means that you can now create a case in Quick Connect.
To Create the Case:
- Supervisor needs to select / Click on the 'Admin' header on the top menu
- The User Administration Screen will appear. This screen provides a list or table of all of the family that is under your assigned agency.
**ONLY AGENCY ADMIN has permission rights to Edit any profiles within this table.
- Select 'Admin' on the header menu and click on 'Cases'.
- The following screen will provides the following:
- Agency supervisors areable to search whether a case already exists or has been created in Quick Connect based on the Social Security Number. If the inputted Social Security Number already exists in Quick Connect the following screen will appear.
- If so, please contact OLCR
- If not, you can proceed in creating a case or profile by contintuing with step five.
- Select 'Add Case':
- Initial Demographic screen can now be created on the Add Case screen.
- Fill in ALL text and number fields
- Applicant Marital Status: Please select the appropriate marital status since this will impact information needed in the application.
- Unmarried couple applying separately will require separate case ID / profile to be created.
- Agency Specialist: Please select designated agency worker working on the application.
*** Agency Supervisor role will appear on the drop down list in the near future
- Add Another: implies to adding / creating a new case. NOT adding a spouse.
- Save: Saving the information inputted or created.
Upon completion of this process the family / applicant now has the ability to input their information in their personal electronic application. First, agency needs to determine the following:
- Does the Family agree upon in utilizing Quick Connect?
- If yes: have the agency admin issue a user name / log on ID
- If no:
- No need for the designated agency admin role to issue a username for the applicant.
- The agency licensing specialist will need to forward a hard copy initial application for the family to complete. Once the family has completed the hard copy application, the agency licensing worker will be responsible to input all pertinent information in that family / applicants case id in Quick Connect. Agency worker will utilize his / her personal log on ID in completing this process.